Wellness care is a vital part of protecting your pet’s good health!
An annual physical examination is just as important for your dog or cat as it is for you. Because our pets can’t tell us how they really feel, we recommend a complete physical examination at least once a year, though exams every 6 months are encouraged.
The exam is an opportunity to develop a picture of your pet’s overall health as well as to spot potential medical issues before they become serious concerns. As your partner in your pet’s health, you can ask important questions about your pet’s health, habits, and daily care. No question is too small or too silly, and it is our pleasure to address your concerns.
Our Thorough Wellness Exams:
During your pet’s visit our team will:
- Obtain a medical history and check your pet’s vital signs
- Record your pet’s weight
- Perform a complete physical examination
- Perform a dental evaluation
- Administer necessary vaccines and discuss vaccination options
- Screen for the presence of parasites in blood and stool
- Test your dog for heartworms
- Recommend any blood work that may be indicated
- Recommend safe medications to eradicate parasites, if necessary
- Recommend heartworm and flea/tick preventatives
- Discuss your pet’s nutritional needs and any behavioral issues